DNIJVI8azI21enJbfWoVBm5Kvjk

Thursday, August 9, 2012

New Subscription Service: Eco Emi!

Well, I told you that I was looking for a new subscription service to replace The Look Bag when they decided to call it quits (they have now decided to restart but that is for another post) and I think I found just the one!



Meet my very first Eco Emi box!  Now, this one is actually the June box that I purchased as an extra.  The first box I will receive as part of the subscription is August.  However, I am very impatient and I was very interested in seeing what it was all about so I purchased a June box.  

What is Eco Emi you ask?  Well, it's similar to other subscription boxes in that you get a box every month filled with samples of products.  However, it's a little different compared to the other subscription services I belong to in that it is not just filled with beauty products and it is filled with eco friendly products!  The cost is $15.00 a month and there is currently a wait list but I was not on the wait list long at all so hopefully you won't be either!  So, let's take a look and see what was inside my box.  


  • Eco Tints Tinted Lip Care- This is a full size product and I love the color, perfect for my skin!  Sample value- $4.49.
  • Vitacare Toothpaste in Acai- Now, I'm awfully pickly about toothpaste and I love  super minty paste so I'm not sure how I will feel about this one.  Another full size product valued at $5.99.
  • Herbal Iced Calyso Mango tea by MightyLeaf Tea- I received one 1/2 gallon compostable whole leaf pouch.  I'm a tea lover so this is a definite plus for me!  Sample valued at $4.67.
  • Jasmine Wind deodorantby Rainwater Botanicals- This stuff smells really good but I'm wondering how the heck I am supposed to get it on my underarms?  Am I supposed to use my fingers?  I think the sample container is a little strange but I'm going to try it.  I don't know how big the sample size is since it didn't list it on the container so I can't determine what this one is worth.
  • Organic Stevia by Pyure Sweetener- I'm all for trying new sweeteners but there is no way I could judge whether I like this or not with just one packet.  Sample value- um about $.01.
  • Orchard Pear and Fig body balm by Organic Indulgence- OMG!  This stuff smells heavenly!  I can't wait to try it! Sample value- This is another full size product valued at $5.95.
  • Amazing Meal in pomegranate mango by Amazing Grass- I'm not sure what to think about this stuff.  I do take a multi vitamin but it is in pill format and I am not a big fan of drinking my vitamins, but I will try it.  Sample Value- $3.00.
  • Organic Life Vitamins by Natural Vitality- See above statement.  Sample value- $.74.
  • Energy 28 by Natural Vitality- See above statement.  Sample value- $1.04.
Total box value minus the deodorant- approximately $25.89.

So far I'm impressed by Eco Emi.  I haven't tried all the products in the box quite yet so I will reserve final judgment until later.  Before trying any products I can tell you that there were four products in this box that I was very excited to try, one that I was marginally excited to try, and three that I wasn't very excited to try.  However, out of the products that I was excited to try I LOVED them all!  I will be discussing each product in a different post but overall I think I will stick with Eco Emi for a few months and the reevaluate.

Have you tried the Eco Emi subscription?  If you have what did you think?  If you are interested you can go here to read about the box and sign up for the waiting list.

The Eco Emi box was purchased by me with my own money. I am not affiliated with Eco Emi or any of the brands listed above. I am not being paid for my reviews and all opinions are my own personal opinions.

1 comment:

  1. I love Eco Emi! They have introduced me to some really cool products that I would have been clueless about otherwise.

    As for the cream deodorant, you use your fingers to apply. I've had good success with them, but some people don't care for the application method. I'll be buying some from Rainwater Botanicals once I run through my current stash.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a new follower please leave your blog link so we can follow you back. Please do not advertise giveaways here. Thanks!