DNIJVI8azI21enJbfWoVBm5Kvjk

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Product Review: John Allan’s Slickwater Pre-Shave Solution

Good morning!!! Hope everyone is having a good week so far. I have been slammed at work all week and the day's have been going by pretty quick. However this week still feels like it's dragging. COME ON FRIDAY!

What They Say:

Many shaving aids foam and froth dramatically, but that doesn’t mean they’re offering your face protection through a shave. Prepping your face with a quality pre-shaving formula—one that sits directly against the skin—will ensure you’re safe from nicks, bumps, and irritation. True to its name, John Allan’s pre-shave solution creates a super slick and super protective primer coat, over which you can apply your usual shaving solution. Think of it like the Zamboni that smoothes and cools the shaving surface, allowing your razor to glide like Apolo Ohno.
Anti-inflammatory oat kernel and cucumber extracts teach touchy, post-shave skin to chill out, while tea tree oil, that wondrous Australian import with antiseptic powers, lends the solution a robust and invigorating smell. This “slick water” is indeed extremely slippery, but not at all oily.
This is something like a shaving base layer. After washing your face, apply a small amount of this solution to your chin, cheeks, neck, and upper lip before spreading your preferred shaving cream or gel on top of it.

My Opinion:

This product sparked my interest. My skin is pretty sensitive. So when shaving I know going in that it's inevitable I'm going to get razor burn. So it isn't a matter of if I'm going to get razor burn, it's more of a matter of how bad. You can forget electric razor's! So I was pretty excited to give this a try. Their description of the product said the "slick water was extremely slippery, but not at all oily". They are right, it doesn't leave your face feeling oily at all.
So did it do what they said it would do? Yeah I would say it did. I had minor razor burn, but it was a lot less than when I shaved without using the Slick Water. I used it as it instructed. Putting it on my face as a base and then putting the shaving cream over the Slick Water. I also ran out of shaving cream and just used the Slick Water to shave. It worked just as well without shaving cream.
Good product however a 2oz bottle of this product is $29. So for the price I think I'll just stick to regular shaving cream without the added step of prepping. I prefer to just lather and go, so this is only my preference.

The Birchbox Man was purchased by me with my own money.  I am not affiliated with Birchbox Man or any of the brands listed above.  I am not being paid for my reviews and all opinions are my own personal opinions.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great product, but a wee-bit pricey for my pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I don't know if it made that much of a difference for me to pay $29 for 2oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a little pricey but prepping your skin before you shave is important. I would rather spend a bit more & not get any in grown hairs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a new follower please leave your blog link so we can follow you back. Please do not advertise giveaways here. Thanks!