DNIJVI8azI21enJbfWoVBm5Kvjk

Friday, March 9, 2012

Product Review: T-Fal Ingenio Cookware

So we were desperately in need of some new cookware. Our old cookware was 10+ years old and the cooking surface was scratched and starting to come off. So we did some comparison and came across this T-Fal Ingenio cookware. There were a couple features that this set of cookware offered that really sparked our interest. The first being the handles are removable which offers a couple benefits.
By removing the handles the pans can be placed in the oven at higher temperatures than if the handle was attached. Without the handle these pans can go in the oven up to 400 degrees. These handles are very easy to attach to the cookware and remove and is as easy as pressing a button. The handle actually clamps onto the side of the cookware. The other benefit to removing the handle and an important one is storage. By removing the handle these pots and pans can EASILY be stacked within each other and takes up minimal space.
Then you have the T-Fal technology. The promotion video we watched showed a chef cooking on dish after another without having to wash the pan in between dishes. All he had to do was a quick wipe of the pan. He never used any non-stick spray, oil, or butter. Which is great because it makes for much healthier cooking. In these videos everything he cooked just slid right out of and off the pan.

So how did this product live up to it's advertisements?


Let me start by saying that neither my wife nor myself are expert cooks, but we do enjoy cooking and cooking new things.


After receiving this product the first thing I noticed was how light all of these combined was. If I stacked the same number of our old cookware and compared to two. The old cookware would have easily outweighed the Ingenio cookware. Then I noticed how easy the handle was to remove and place on all of the cookware. Each piece of cookware has a copper inset in the bottom of each piece which allows for the entire pot or pan to disperse heat equally throughout the piece so you don't have the outer part of the pan being cooler than the middle. Also in the center of the pans you have their thermospot indicator which shows you when the pan is preheated and ready to use. As you can see below once the lettering goes away you know it's preheated.
Once I started cooking I noticed immediately the non stick coating. Our cookware is now 3 months old and I can still cook my son scrambled eggs and cheese, my wife's dippy eggs, and my omelet all without any kind of nonstick spray or butter. In fact I can toss a piece of sliced cheese in the pan and throw a piece of bread on top and the cheese just wipes right off. If I tried that in our other cookware it would have been a burnt mess.
All in all this is by far the best cookware we have ever used! If you are in the market for, heck even if you're not in the market you really should consider the T-Fal Ingenio cookware. You will not be disappointed.

I do have one concern that has arisen with the pans. One of our pans that we use the most seems to have been scratched from the handle being applied and removed. It's in the upper corner of the pan and you can actually see it in the picture below. I don't think it's something that will become a problem because it is in the top of the pan and won't interfere with cooking. Just something that we've noticed though.




Disclaimer: All products were purchased by me and reviewed by me and my experience using this product.  I am not affiliated with the company nor was I paid for my review.  All opinions are my own personal opinions.
*Photo's with the exception of the bottom photo were taken from T-Falusa

4 comments:

  1. Where were you able to buy this cookware? Thanks!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Matt, I thought I'd let you know that HSN.com is now selling the Ingenio cookware. Limited stock though. http://www.hsn.com/kitchen-dining/t-fal-ingenio-20-piece-cookware-set_m-10059440_xp.aspx

      Delete
  2. Hey Matt we were able to find it on HSN.com and checking with http://www.t-falusa.com they list HSN and HSN.com as the place to purchase the Ingenio cookware. However they have the same cookware with the handles that are not removable which seem to be easier to find in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really helpful.. I’m so glad to drop by your blog! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a new follower please leave your blog link so we can follow you back. Please do not advertise giveaways here. Thanks!