So here I am, finally sharing my May Birchbox with you. I actually a little over a week ago but things have been crazy here and I also wanted to finish up reviewing the April box before I started the May box. This month Birchbox did a themed box based off of the show Gossip Girl which is a show that airs on The CW. Now, I have to admit, I have never in my life seen this show. I have heard about it but it didn't really seem like a show I would want to watch. I was still excited for my very first themed box since joining Birchbox though. The box was the same only it had a little cover over the top of the box with a cityscape view. For whatever reason my camera would NOT take a picture of the outside of the box so I gave up and here is an image from Birchbox's website.
Here is how everything was packaged:
And here are the products that were included in my Gossip Girl May Birchbox:
- Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+- This product is a tinted moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum all-in-one. I have never heard of this brand so I was excited to try it. I was slightly concerned that it is tinted because I am very pale and usually anything "tinted" makes me look orange. Birchbox says this is the "Swiss Army Knife of your beauty cabinet"- love it!
- Kérastase Cristalliste Bain Cristal Shampoo & Conditioner- At first I was a little peeved that these were packets. I got over it quick enough because I have pretty short hair so I thought I might be able to get a few uses out of these. Birchbox says these are designed specifically for ladies with long, fine hair, which I don't have. My hair is pretty fine but it isn't long. However, this product promised to give shine while not weighing down hair, which I could totally use. Did it deliver? You'll have to wait and see.
- Kérastase Cristalliste Lumiere Liquide- This product is a leave-in treatment that claims to add a high-definition shine while sealing each cuticle. I can tell you that when I took a quick sniff of this product I loved the scent! It reminded me of lilacs which in turn remind me of the month of May.
- Color Club® Foil Collection in Disco Nap- Another Color Club polish, good thing I love the nail polish! At first glace I wasn't crazy about the color- gold really isn't my thing, but I'm willing to give it a try.
- stila sparkle waterproof liquid eye liner in Curacao- I was very excited to see this product because I love eyeliner but I am not a fan of liquid eyeliners and I am definitely not used to wearing blue eyeliner. I will say though that the color has a beautiful shimmer and in the name of trying new things I'm going to give this one a try.
- Birchbox Note card- I have to admit, I was pretty ticked when I saw that one note card was included as a sample this month. What could I possibly do with one note card? Anyway, it's a nice color I guess...
Check out Birchbox's website if you are interested in trying one of your own.
The Birchbox was purchased by me with my own money. I am not affiliated with Birchbox or any of the brands listed above. I am not being paid for my reviews and all opinions are my own personal opinions.