DNIJVI8azI21enJbfWoVBm5Kvjk

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Product Review: Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+

Sorry it's taking me a while to get to my sample boxes this month.  My schedule has been crazy at work and at home so it leaves little time in between for things like blogging.  I also like to use the products a few times before I review them because, well how can you review something you have only used once?  However, today I am going against my previous statement and review something I only tried once.  Why you ask?  Well because this sample only had enough in it for one use, barely.  I'm talking about the Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+ I received in my May Gossip Girl inspired Birchbox.


Now, let me make it clear that I am aware that Birchbox is a sample program and I am fully expecting to only receive samples of products.  Still, I feel like I should get at least three uses out of a sample before I could possibly conclude whether I like it or not.  The picture you see below is the full amount of sample that was in the tube.  That's it.


It was barely enough for one application.  So, I'm giving my review based on the very limited use I got from the sample. 

Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+ claims to be a moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum all-in-one, this tinted balm even helps hide imperfections—so there’s no need for foundation or cover-up. Think of it as the Swiss Army Knife of your beauty cabinet.

How it Works:

A combination of glacier water, deep ocean water, hyaluronic acid, and aloe vera deeply hydrate skin to ensure you that you look dewy, never dry. Sebum-regulating ingredients keep your complexion from becoming greasy, while portulaca oleracea extract protects skin from environmental damage. The cherry on top of this multi-tasking product is broad-spectrum SPF 25+, which blocks harmful UVA and UVB rays from reaching your skin.

How to Use:

Apply as you would a tinted moisturizer or foundation. Layer as needed.

Source.

My Impression:  I may be the minority here but I was unimpressed.  I found that this product had very little coverage and had almost totally disappeared after I applied it.  I still needed to use my foundation.  Now, the directions say layer as needed, which would be fine if I had enough product to layer.  So, unfortunately I was not sold on this product.  It could have been due to the lack of product that I received (ie. not enough to test) or it could be that the product is not for me.  Also, I'm not sure but it doesn't appear to come in any different shades.  Like I said before, I'm a pasty pale white girl and need very fair colors to match my skin tone.  Did you get this product in your May Birchbox or have you tried it in the past?  If so, what did you think?

The Birchbox was purchased by me with my own money.  I am not affiliated with Birchbox or any Dr. Jart+.  I am not being paid for my reviews and all opinions are my own personal opinions.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a new follower please leave your blog link so we can follow you back. Please do not advertise giveaways here. Thanks!