Here's what came in my bag:
- 2 Bon Bon polishes: I don't know the colors, or even if they have names but they are just okay. I haven't tried them yet but seeing these little guys make me think of something you would give a seven year old when you don't want them using your nail polish. Not something I would expect to get in a beauty sample program.
- Ultraflesh Mascara: I can't find much about this product anywhere. I see something called Ultraflesh Panthera Mascara, maybe it's the same? I'm not really sure. Anyway, this seems to be another discontinued item and I can't find the price listed anywhere so I have no idea how much this sample is worth. I actually liked this mascara. It went on smoothly and separated my lashed nicely. Too bad I won't be able to find it anywhere...
- Korres Mango Butter Lipstick: The color I got was peach and I'm sure you will be shocked to know that this color is...wait for it....DISCONTINUED! Another discontinued product? I am not too fond of the color, peach just isn't the right shade for me. However, this lipstick was super smooth and creamy and I would consider buying another color. Now, I realize that a lot of bloggers do swatches on their lips. I'm sure you're wondering why I don't do that as well? Honestly, I'm just not that fond of my lips. They are thin and I don't feel like they are appropriate for swatching. So, I apologize to those of you who like to see lipstick on the lips, you'll just have to make due with my arm.
- Bremenn Miracle Cream: It will be no surprise that I can't really find this item either. I do see something on Bremenn's website that is similar but it is a different color tube. Another discontinued product? Perhaps. This stuff was okay, nothing amazing but a good moisturizer overall.
- Betsy Johnson Perfume: I actually really loved this scent. I didn't like the design of the sample though. I hate perfume samples that I have to put on my fingers before applying, I hate having fingers that smell like perfume. But, this is a lovely scent and I would even consider buying it. It looks like this one is available for half price at Walgreens right now.
Anyway, I did enjoy some of the products that were in this last, and unexpected, Look Bag. I decided not to review them individually because quite a few of them are actually discontinued and I really didn't see the point in devoting a whole entire post to discontinued products. The point of a sample program, at least from my point of view, is to try things that you may want to purchase. How can I possibly do that if I am sent discontinued items? Anyway, I have signed up for two new sample boxes that I am going to try and then pick the best of the two but I'm keeping them a secret until they arrive.
Thanks for reading.
The LookBag was purchased by me with my own money. I am not affiliated with The Look Store or any of the brands listed above. I am not being paid for my reviews and all opinions are my own personal opinions.