DNIJVI8azI21enJbfWoVBm5Kvjk

Friday, July 27, 2012

July Look Bag- Last Look Bag

So, as I mentioned in this post I got an email from the Look Bag saying they were cancelling and if you weren't charged for one you wouldn't receive one.  I don't think I was charged for one (not that I remember) but somehow I got one anyway.  So, here it is:



Here's what came in my bag:

  • 2 Bon Bon polishes: I don't know the colors, or even if they have names but they are just okay.  I haven't tried them yet but seeing these little guys make me think of something you would give a seven year old when you don't want them using your nail polish.  Not something I would expect to get in a beauty sample program. 
  • Ultraflesh Mascara: I can't find much about this product anywhere.  I see something called Ultraflesh Panthera Mascara, maybe it's the same?  I'm not really sure.  Anyway, this seems to be another discontinued item and I can't find the price listed anywhere so I have no idea how much this sample is worth. I actually liked this mascara.  It went on smoothly and separated my lashed nicely.  Too bad I won't be able to find it anywhere...

  • Korres Mango Butter Lipstick: The color I got was peach and I'm sure you will be shocked to know that this color is...wait for it....DISCONTINUED!  Another discontinued product?  I am not too fond of the color, peach just isn't the right shade for me.  However, this lipstick was super smooth and creamy and I would consider buying another color.  Now, I realize that a lot of bloggers do swatches on their lips.  I'm sure you're wondering why I don't do that as well?  Honestly, I'm just not that fond of my lips.  They are thin and I don't feel like they are appropriate for swatching.  So, I apologize to those of you who like to see lipstick on the lips, you'll just have to make due with my arm.

  • Bremenn Miracle Cream: It will be no surprise that I can't really find this item either.  I do see something on Bremenn's website that is similar but it is a different color tube.  Another discontinued product?  Perhaps.  This stuff was okay, nothing amazing but a good moisturizer overall.  

  • Betsy Johnson Perfume: I actually really loved this scent.  I didn't like the design of the sample though. I hate perfume samples that I have to put on my fingers before applying, I hate having fingers that smell like perfume.  But, this is a lovely scent and I would even consider buying it.  It looks like this one is available for half price at Walgreens right now.  


Anyway, I did enjoy some of the products that were in this last, and unexpected, Look Bag.  I decided not to review them individually because quite a few of them are actually discontinued and I really didn't see the point in devoting a whole entire post to discontinued products.  The point of a sample program, at least from my point of view, is to try things that you may want to purchase.  How can I possibly do that if I am sent discontinued items?  Anyway, I have signed up for two new sample boxes that I am going to try and then pick the best of the two but I'm keeping them a secret until they arrive.

Thanks for reading.

The LookBag was purchased by me with my own money.  I am not affiliated with The Look Store or any of the brands listed above.  I am not being paid for my reviews and all opinions are my own personal opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a new follower please leave your blog link so we can follow you back. Please do not advertise giveaways here. Thanks!