DNIJVI8azI21enJbfWoVBm5Kvjk

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Product Review: John Varvatos Star U.S.A. Cologne

This product goes back to the my wife's June Birchbox, and is the reason I signed up for the Birchbox Man. Good advertising on the part of Birchbox!
What They Say:


Dads and younger brothers alike dig this dapper scent. Full size product comes housed in smoky glass with a spring top reminiscent of a vintage beer bottle. John Varvatos’ cologne, like his designs, exudes a combination of off-kilter downtown cool and elegant prep.

My Opinion:

I was excited to open the package and smell this cologne.  I wasn't disappointed at all!  It has a great smell that isn't too overpowering.  The thing I hate the most is an overpowering cologne. You know, the guy that walks in the room and twenty minutes after he's left it's just as strong as when he entered?  Their description for the scent was pretty good in my opinion.  I imagined something that wasn't overpowering and a smell that makes you think stylish.  That's exactly what I got.
I've heard the John Varvatos name with working in eye care I'm familiar with the Varvatos brand eye wear.  So right away without even smelling the product I knew this cologne was going to be pricey.  After trying this product I really want to purchase it, however once I saw the price I had to take a step back.  For a 1.7oz size product you're looking at a price tag of $55.00, and for the larger 3.4oz product you're going to pay $70.00.  Now for someone like myself that doesn't like dishing out that kind of money on something that isn't a necessity, this price tag is a bit discouraging.  However, I really like the product and this may be something that I wouldn't mind purchasing in the future. Especially since my wife loved it too.

The Birchbox Man was purchased by me with my own money.  I am not affiliated with Birchbox Man or any of the brands listed above.  I am not being paid for my reviews and all opinions are my own personal opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a new follower please leave your blog link so we can follow you back. Please do not advertise giveaways here. Thanks!