DNIJVI8azI21enJbfWoVBm5Kvjk

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Product Review: Kérastase Cristalliste Bain Cristal Shampoo, Conditioner & Lumiere Liquide

Happy Wednesday!  Today I'm bringing you a review of some products I received in my May Birchbox, Kérastase Cristalliste Bain Cristal Shampoo, Conditioner & Lumiere Liquide.


The reason I'm doing the three together is because they are related so it only makes sense (at least to me) to do them together.  Now, I must admit I was a little put off to see packets in my Birchbox.  I'm not a fan of packets because I don't believe that they provide enough product to actually test.  I got about two uses out of the shampoo, three or four out of the conditioner and a few more out of the Lumiere Liquide.  They lasted longer than I thought but my hair is pretty short so it doesn't take a lot of product.

Here's what Birchbox has to say about these products:

Kérastase Cristalliste Bain Cristal - Fine (Shampoo)-  Even if you don’t have naturally thick hair, you can still get bouncy, voluminous locks. Kerastase’s high-foaming shampoo is designed specifically for ladies with long, fine hair. In the shower, it turns into a mousse-like lather thanks to an infusion of oxygen and pumps volume into even the wispiest of strands. The result? Flowing tresses with plenty of shine.

How it Works- Long, fine hair needs products especially designed to meet its needs. While conventional shampoos tend to weigh hair down with their heavy formulas, this light, paraben-free formula adds incredible body and movement. An oil-solubilization system removes dirt and impurities from your roots, while conditioning agents smooth and polish each strand. An infusion of aloe vera tames frizz and adds silkiness.

How to Use- Wet your hair, and massage a quarter-size amount into your roots. Work into a rich lather, and rinse away.

Price- $36.00 for 250ml

Kérastase Lait Cristal Conditioner- The hair-centric among us have one burning question for Blake Lively: how does she get those gorgeous waves? Though our curiosity may never be fully satisfied, we can all get better hair with this shine-enhancing conditioner, which was inspired by the “Gossip Girl” star. Specially designed for long hair, it detangles knots, repairs damage, and glossifies each strand. Next up: show-stealing locks worthy of a red carpet premiere.

How it Works- Whether you have a thick mane or long, fine locks, this unique conditioner will give you tremendous volume and softness. The secret lies in the triple-threat formula. Liquid light reflectors deliver mega-watt shine, while eco-friendly polymers restore brittle, uneven follicles on a microscopic level. Vitamin-rich aloe vera hydrates hair without weighing it down, giving you the silky texture you crave.

How to Use- After shampooing, squeeze excess water out of hair, and work a quarter-size amount through your lengths and ends. Leave in for up to three minutes, and rinse away with warm water.

Price- $39.00 200 ml

Kérastase Cristalliste Lumiere Liquide

Ever since we watched the first season of “Gossip Girl,” we’ve been huge fans of Blake Lively’s flowing waves. So we were excited to learn that the blonde actress was the inspiration behind Kérastase’s new serum. Specially designed for long hair, the leave-in treatment adds a high-definition shine while sealing each cuticle (bye bye, split ends). Plus, the light, gorgeously scented formula won’t weigh down your strands.

How it Works- This luxe serum is made with sophisticated light reflectors to add mega-gloss and shine while smoothing away frizz. A generous amount of aloe vera—high in natural amino acids and vitamins—softens and restores dry, brittle ends (the number one problem for girls with long locks).

How to Use- Smooth a quarter-size amount through damp or dry hair, avoiding the roots and concentrating on your lengths and ends.

Price- $42.00 for 50ml

 *     *     *

My Impression:  I thought all three products smelled amazing.  The smell reminded me of lilacs and I love the smell of lilacs. The shampoo and conditioner did leave my hair feeling nice and soft and did allow for a little extra volume.  Overall, if the shampoo and conditioner were not so pricey I might get them- it would set you back $75.00 for just shampoo and conditioner.  Now, I wasn't a fan of the Lumiere Liquide.  It smelled very nice, however I don't really think it did anything for my hair.  

Overall, I would recommend the shampoo and conditioner if you don't mind spending that much money on them however I don't think I would recommend the Lumiere Liquide.  

 Did you get to try these products this month?  What did you think? 

The Birchbox was purchased by me with my own money.  I am not affiliated with Birchbox or Kérastase.  I am not being paid for my reviews and all opinions are my own personal opinions. 

Please don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your follow:) Following back:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took my Birchbox Kerastase samples with me traveling last week...absolutely loved the product! Unfortunately, it's a bit pricey to buy all 3 at $120 but if folks are willing to pay it, it's worth it. Good review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a new follower please leave your blog link so we can follow you back. Please do not advertise giveaways here. Thanks!