DNIJVI8azI21enJbfWoVBm5Kvjk

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Product Review: Cover FX ClearPrep FX

Happy Thursday!  Today I'm bringing you a review on another product I got in my May Beauty Army BoxCover FX ClearPrep FX.  I picked this product because I am currently using bareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer but I'm always up for trying another primer, especially if it claims to be an acne treatment gel.  Seriously, in my teens I never had a problem with acne but now that I'm in my thirties I break out a lot more!    


What They Say:

WHAT DOES IT DO?

  • It is an “anti-shine” primer
  • Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and pores, facilitates blending and extends wear
  • Helps prevent and heal acne blemishes
SKIN TYPES- Teens, Men and Women with:

  • All skin types prone to acne breakouts
  • Oily, Oily-acneic
  • Sensitive skin (paraben free, oil free, fragrance free)
SUGGESTED USAGE

  • Prepare the skin using Clean FX.
  • Using clean fingers or foundation brush, apply a small amount of ClearPrep FX onto the face. 
  • Use alone as a treatment or under desired foundation texture.
Source.


My Impression:  I have been using this product for a couple of weeks now.  Yes, the sample has lasted that long!  You only need a pea sized amount each time you use it so a little goes a long way.  The texture and color of the primer is exactly the same as my regular primer so no differences there.  I haven't really noticed a difference as far as my acne (which only happens certain times of the month anyway) so I can't really say for sure whether this product treats acne or not.  As far as how the product wears, I have noticed that my foundation stays set for longer with this primer versus my other primer.  The full size of this product is $39.00 for 1oz versus $23.00 for 1 oz of the Prime Time.  So, I guess it really comes down to are you willing to pay the extra $16.00 for a little more wear time.  I'm on the fence with this one, what do you think?

Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

The BeautyArmy box was purchased by me with my own money.  I am not affiliated with BeautyArmy or Cover FX.  I am not being paid for my reviews and all opinions are my own personal opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a new follower please leave your blog link so we can follow you back. Please do not advertise giveaways here. Thanks!